I'm happy to report that we've survived the first 48 hrs "on our own." All of you with multiple children (Cooks, Wilburs, Andersons and Dodges - wow) are inspiring. It's actually not been too bad, either. It may help that Hannah's been sick since yesterday evening - one of the only things that slows her down - so I can actually keep up with her. I'm increasingly aware that if I thought parenting one child was a full-time job, two somehow makes it more full-time and there probably isn't a word to describe the 3+ children work of parenting. I say "job" and "work" because I've been feeling convicted to think of it as my main vocation and purpose at this time of life. The weight of that responsibility is startling all over again. But God's help is even more impressive to me at this time too. I was convicted yesterday to let go of the hour of whiny, confusing, can't-be-pleased behavior from Hannah to appreciate the following five minutes of sweetness. It's too easy to let a bad spot in the day negate the good spots and I don't want those hard times to be what determines how I perceive my child(ren). The reality is - I'm very blessed. I have had no trouble getting pregnant, had completely low-risk pregnancies and great birth experiences, have two healthy, sweet kids and a husband who is a great partner (not just a helper). So for today, I'm trying to take one moment at a time. I know in the whole scheme of things, these are such precious, fleeting days.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Officially On Our Own
Well my mom left Sunday after being here for two whole weeks. I cried. It was also my birthday and the day that we had a T-stan fundraiser evening at church. Troy & Jenny are leaving the 30th of this month! I felt sad, hormonal, and exhausted all day - especially at the thought of having Troy & Jenny and Myles gone in two weeks. It's funny because we will be joining them in September - long before anyone else from the states gets to see them - but we've become so accustomed to living life with them and can honestly say that they are like family (the wonderful kind of family) to us. Two - three months seems like forever to be without them. In light of that and my mom leaving (who, once again, couldn't have been more loving and helpful to us while she was here) I have to say - I was feeling depressed about how this summer would go. By the way, thanks to all the ladies who have been so understanding and supportive and who have given me permission to let the tears fly :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loved talking to you yesterday, and catching up in this entry. I miss you!
ReplyDelete