Thursday, July 9, 2009

Readys are gone


Troy, Jenny & Myles left for Central Asia June 30th. We are planning on joining them in mid-September. We miss them terribly! They are in the midst of their month long homestay so we won't be hearing much from them (they're in a rural area) but we know they arrived safely, Myles is doing great, they are really enjoying the team that's already there and they are trying to adjust to the dramatically different way of life (their guts in particular). Please pray for their transition. Hannah keeps asking where Myles is and I'm so thankful that when we are finally on our way there, having said goodbye to so many people we love, she can look forward to seeing Myles, Troy and Jenny.
I've been so touched by so many people reaching out to me after reading my last blog entry. Thank you so much for helping keep me from feeling isolated! I definitely felt my toes hanging over the precipice of depression and feel like I've taken a step back (or forward, depends how you look at it). Which is good for a number of reasons - one of which is we have so much packing and purging of our earthly possessions to do, there's no time to be paralyzed by a dark cloud hanging over my head! Our house is crazy right now with piles everywhere - garage sale piles, Goodwill piles, storage piles and tons of stuff to just toss. Troy & Jenny were an inspiration (as they always are) in valuing simplicity as they packed and sorted and such. Just a side: they traveled all the way to Central Asia with 9 month Myles as a lap infant, having stayed within the two 40lb bags per ticketed passenger limit. Wow. I think that would be impressive even if they were just going for a visit but they/we are planning on being there for three years! Anyway, we are all surviving, can't say we are doing a whole lot more than that, but I'll take surviving over drowning any day :) By the way, my sense of humor re-emerged today (at least for a little while). Rees and I were really happy to discover that it hadn't vanished forever :)

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog thru troy and jenny's. Jenny and I became friends at st. v's as nurses. We miss her troy and myles terribly. Tell them hello when you see them, and I love seeing them through your blog as well. Are you going back soon? Your family is beautiful. God's Blessings to you as you travel soon.

    ReplyDelete